Blue Care Connection®
We understand that our members have unique health challenges and goals. Some are dealing with chronic or serious illnesses, while others simply want to lose weight or get their cholesterol and blood pressure levels under control. To help our members meet their diverse health goals, we offer a number of care management and wellness programs.
Through our Blue Care Connection® programs members have access to:
- Health Care Advisors – We have dedicated clinical teams made up of registered nurses and other health care professionals who can assist members in managing chronic or complex conditions such as asthma and diabetes.
- Weight Management and Tobacco Cessation Programs – Members who want to lose weight and/or quit using tobacco can work with our lifestyle management coaches to create personalized plans to help them reach their goals. Find out how one member was able to lose over 30 pounds with the assistance of her lifestyle management coach.
- Maternity Care – Our maternity care program gives expectant mothers support and education from early in their pregnancies to six weeks after they give birth. The program includes pregnancy risk factor identification, access to a pregnancy resource website and ongoing monitoring and support from nurses and other specially trained staff.
- Behavioral Health Benefits – If members are struggling with a mental health issue such as depression, substance abuse, anxiety or an eating disorder they can contact our behavioral health professionals 24/7 for support and guidance regarding where they can get help.
- Nurses 24/7 – Registered nurses are available over the phone anytime members have a health-related question. See how our 24/7 Nurseline helped a new mom when she was concerned about her baby’s health.
- Website and Mobile App – Through our secure website and app, Well onTarget®, members can take a health assessment to discover what areas of their health they may need to work on; get discounts at thousands of fitness centers; track their activity and sync with their favorite fitness devices and apps such as Fitbit®; and much more.
Please note that our care management programs do not to replace a doctor’s care.